Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Career Paths- Sports Photography

Veronica Smart told our group about sports photography. I lerarned that if I was a sports photographer I would...
-have to get up-close to the action
-try to get a Press Pass or get near the sidelines
-need to know that it's competitive because other photographers are there too
-have to try to focus because there are many distractions and there are a lot of people at sports events
-need to know the sport, so I could capture "the moment"
-know that sports photography is all about timing
-focus my picture on the subject, and isolate my subject so that there aren't a lot of distractions in the background
-make sure that I see the subjects face, to see their facial expression
-take the photos vertically if it were a shot of a single person because they will look taller and the focus will be on them
-take photos horizontally if it were a picture of a group of people playing and I wanted to see everyone
-use the rule of thirds to frame my subjects
I learned many things today about sports photography, and it seems like an interesting career path. The photo below is an example of sports photography and is a great example of an action shot. The emphasis is on the snowbaorder and he is framed using the rule of thirds. I believe the photographer used a large shuter speed to capture this shot. I like that the snow near the snowboarder is in focus, but the snow toward the edges of the photo is blurred.

https://www.vistek.ca/buyingguides/cameralenses/images/snowboard1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment