Monday, October 4, 2010

Journey Through Spirit (Photo Essay)

The first photo I took in black and white because I felt that it had more of an impact because people aren’t able to differentiate the people in the photo. It looks as if there are hundreds of people on the steps. If I had put it in color it would not have looked as unified because there would be different class colors in it. I framed the picture with the help of the school and I like how it looks symmetrical around the students. The second photo was one I took for fun, but when I was going through my pictures it struck me. It is easy to make a picture in a mirror, but the angle I did it is very unusual. I framed the shot so the car mirror is the frame. There is some background, but that is all out of focus putting the emphasis on the Rebecca and me in the mirror. I was able to capture Rebecca with her ears and my ears. It shows our costumes for Disney-Day. The picture of Avery is taken vertically because I wanted to get a medium-close up shot and not have a lot of background space. I choose black and white because I wanted her face to be emphasized not the outfit she was wearing and showing the colors of the outfit would have ruined that. After Avery’s photo I have another one of everyone dancing at the rally. I took it in black and white because it makes everyone seen unified and makes more of an impact. It seems like there are more people there than there were. I framed Celine using the rule of thirds and I made sure to get the “Super Heroes” in the shot. I showed color in this photo because the words on her forehead are written in red and that is the senior class color. I took the picture of Alex in black and white because I wanted the flag to be emphasized. She was wearing red and blue and had the picture been in color there would have been too many colors that would not emphasize the logo on the flag, because too many colors are distracting the viewer. I love the picture of Rachel because of her expression. She is in focus, but the people behind her are not and it helps show emphasize on Rachel. I framed the last picture of Alex and the other seniors using the rule of thirds. I took it in color because the red pops against the green surroundings. I wanted the color to pop to show the seniors’ color and it shows emphasis on them.








No comments:

Post a Comment