Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Rock Star Day

Rock Star Day was a day where everyone dressed up in band shirts, or leather jackets. I choose to shoot in color and black and white. I used black and white for the picture of Avery dressed up as Gene Simmons because her makeup and outfit was black and white and I didn’t want the background color to distract the viewer from the subject. I left Rachel’s picture in color because the blue from the lockers was a good contrast from her black jacket. I used the rule of thirds to frame her in this shot. I love the shot of Tanya because she is not looking at the camera and looks like she is posing for someone else. I left this picture is black and white to show the contrast between her and the background. I framed Tanya using the rule of thirds, but it is less noticeable because the shot was taken vertically. I did the same thing for Tina’s picture. I used the rule of thirds to shoot Tina too, but this photo makes it more noticeable. Lastly, I shot the volleyball game from that night in black and white. I used a 3200 ISO setting from my camera and that is why the photo looks grainier. I choose black and white for this action shot because then the emphasis is on the players than the surroundings.





No comments:

Post a Comment