Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Photography Principles

These pictures are from my photo exploration. We were supposed to take picture that show the different principles of photography. The first photo I choose to put in black and white because it shows value better with that filter. There is light and dark light visible and so it shows the different values in the photo. The second picture I choose to use for emphasis. The main point of my picture is the ribbon on the refrigerator handle. It is emphasized because the ribbon is yellow and the rest of the picture is dark. I did not edit that photo, when I shot it without a flash it turned out that way. The last picture with the flower is showing asymmetrical balance because I used the rule of thirds to frame the flower. I choose black and white for this photo because I thought it made the picture seem simpler. I like that the focus is on the flower and where it is positioned because there is no color in the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment