Monday, September 13, 2010

Photojournalism- Ed Kashi

I really enjoyed Ed Kashi’s photograph of a man making mud bricks in Madagascar. The viewer can’t see the man clearly because of the smoke surrounding him, and this adds some mystery to the photo. The man is framed using the rule of thirds. Lines are formed in the photo from the rows of the bricks the man has made. The bricks are surrounding him on all sides and my eyes started at the bricks closest to the camera and followed them up to the man. This photograph shows the working conditions in Madagascar and how they live their life. I like that Kashi used color for this picture because I see more unity in the colors of the bricks and stones. I am able to see the texture in the picture from the bricks that seem bigger because they are closer to the camera. I feel compassion for the man because it seems like he makes bricks everyday and that’s his job. That would be a hard life.

http://edkashi.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment