Monday, September 13, 2010

Photojournalism- Spider Martin

I liked Spider Martin's photo of Martin Luther King Jr. during the civil rights movement. The coloring of the photo is interesting; it almost seems black and white, but has a brown hue to it. Martin Luther King Jr. is center-punched which is a smart choice because he is leading the march for civil rights. He is the emphasis in the picture because he is in the center. I like that the sky is all white and the trees are off in the distance and blurred, because this puts the focus on the people in the picture. I can see the emotion on the faces of the men in the front leading the crowd and I feel like I am there because their mouths are open and asking for their civil rights. I feel their determination to get their equal rights through the photograph.http://www.spidermartin.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment