Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Group Photography

My group was assigned Russell Hall for our group photography. It was hard because we used the teacher's entrance to Russell and it was hard to get 3-5 great pictures from the location. The two photos below show different viewpoints from Russell's entrance. The first one follows the wall that is near the entrance. It forms a line and the person looking at the photo follows the wall with their eyes. I have unity and variety in the picture. There is variety because the flower, plants, and wall are all different colors, but there is unity too. The unity is seen in the green color in the photograph. There are plants in different places in the image and they all are unified because they have the same color. The second photo shows the walkway at the Russell entrance. It shows symmetrical balance and lines are formed from the image. The plants on both sides of the image help frame the pathway. I took the picture closer to the ground because I wanted the focus to be on the pathway and the photo at eye-level would show more background than I wanted. For both pictures I used filters to boost the color and for the first photo I added an antique filter to it to change the color hue a little.



No comments:

Post a Comment