Sunday, March 13, 2011

Final Photoshop

Our assignment was to create a picture using the skills we learned using Photoshop. In the beginning, I used the magnetic lasso tool to copy and paste my keychain on a new layer. I did the threshold process on the picture of just my keychain. I made a duplicate background layer and made ten layers of it. I used threshold on each layer and started with the top layer showing only a little black and ending with the bottom layer, which was completely black. Starting on the top layer and working my way down, I used the magic wand tool to delete all the white in the picture. After deleting the white on that layer, I made sure all the pixels were highlighted and I would pick the color I wanted the black to become and clicked control and backspace at the same time. I did this for each layer working my way down to the bottom layer; the only difference for each layer was the color I chose. The top layer has the darkest color and the bottom layer has lightest color.

After the threshold, I decided I wanted to use one of my landscape photos as the background for my keychain threshold picture. I had to check the image sizes for both picture and make sure they matched before I could combine the pictures. I made the keychain photo the same size as the landscape photo. After that I used the marquee selection tool to select the whole landscape picture. I copied the selection and pasted it onto the keychain photo. I put the landscape layer underneath all the other threshold layers, and this made it look like the background of the keychain picture.

I wanted the landscape picture to look different, so I used a gradient map on the landscape picture layer. I chose a gradient that had pink in it. I put that on the picture of the landscape. After that I chose an artistic filter for the landscape layer too. I picked the neon filter. Lastly, I selected a photo filter to put on the landscape picture, even thought it had the gradient map. The cooling filter 82 is the filter I picked. This is why the background has pink and blue in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment