Sunday, March 13, 2011

Photoshop Explanations

I blended two images together to create this picture. I picked two images and made sure they were the same size. I chose the picture with the piano as my target image. That means it's the background images, the main one. I made a duplicate layer of the background layer. I then went to image and apply. Once the picture had been applied to the other picture with the piano I changed the opacity. I made the opacity around 70%. The difference between this picture and the other blended image was that I used a gradient map on the flower image before blending it with the piano. I chose an orange gradient and made it darken across the flower.
In the beginning, I used the magnetic lasso tool to copy and paste my dog on a new layer. I did the threshold process on the picture of just my dog. I made a duplicate background layer and made ten layers of it. I used threshold on each layer and started with the top layer showing only a little black and ending with the bottom layer, which was completely black. Starting on the top layer and working my way down, I used the magic wand tool to delete all the white in the picture. After deleting the white on that layer, I made sure all the pixels were highlighted and I would pick the color I wanted the black to become and clicked control and backspace at the same time. I did this for each layer working my way down to the bottom layer; the only difference for each layer was the color I chose. The top layer has the darkest color and the bottom layer has lightest color. Also, I made the duplicate background layer black and white and put a filter on it. I used the glass filter I think. I changed the settings of it until I was happy with it.The way I created this picture was by copying Alex and pasting her onto the other picture. First, I made a duplicate layer of the background layer. Second, I desaturated the image of the road and I put a artistic filter on it. I believe it is the colored pencils one, but I changed the amount of lines and darkness until I liked it. Third, I used the magnetic lasso tool to select Alex. Then I copied and pasted her onto the other image to get this picture.
I blended two images together to create this picture. I picked two images and made sure they were the same size. I chose the picture with all the seniors in it as my target image. That means it's the background images, the main one. I made a duplicate layer of the background layer. I then went to image and apply. Once the picture had been applied to the other picture with all the seniors I changed the opacity. I made the opacity around 60%, so that the top image of Rachel looked faded.I used a fisheye effect on this picture. I took a picture of flowers and then made a duplicate of the background layer. I used the elleptical marquee tool to select a part of the picture. If you hold down the shift key you can get a perfect circle. Once I have the circle around the portion I want, I go to select inverse and then hit delete. Now the image is just in the fisheye lens. I reverse my selection, so that the whole selection back in the fisheye lens. I crop the picture so it's only of the fisheye lens. I go to the filters and select the spherize filter under distort. I can change how much I want to distort it, and after I click ok the picture looks like it was taken with a fisheye lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment