Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sports Photography

So we had to take pictures of practice and a game for volleyball. The first picture was one of my better ones from practice. It was frustrating because during the practice I was still trying to figure out what settings to have my camera on to make the shot less blurry. For me sometimes the wide shots were less blurry than the close-ups. I liked that the hands in this shot were blurry as they are about to hit the ball, because it shows movement. The second shot was not an action one, but a shot to show emotion. That is why I choose black and white because it emphasizes the athletes' faces, not the surroundings. I like the smiling expressions everyone has and how they are in a group hug. The last photo is an action shot during a game. The hand is still blurry, but the rest of the photo is well lit and not blurry. The focus is on the girl hitting the ball because everyone is looking at her. I like the players' expressions, especially Katie's, and how everyone is waiting to see where the ball will land on the opposite side.

No comments:

Post a Comment